Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

Holiness and Religion: Please share amazing stories about holy people doing good work that can change the world.

I miss the holiness in modern 21st century religion. Any good news is worth mentioning.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This website (www.architectsofanewdawn.com) is example good and holy work. Congratulations to the Architects that assembled this site and the mission behind it.
While this conversation may fill quickly with beautiful, inspiring stories about well known people that we would label as holy... let's remember that the potential of every single human being is holy. If we remember this, then this conversation has a much greater chance of including countless stories about the "invisible" holy ones that make up the magical background fabric of life on earth. No more or less enlightened than you or me...these souls are human beings who simply chose to offer a random act of kindness when they could have walked away... who chose to think of the other person at a vulnerable moment instead of thinking only about their own needs... who chose to see options, opportunities, and possibilities when others only saw crisis. If we include as many of the "invisible holy ones" as possible, I believe the inspiration within this conversation will be even more accessible to anyone and everyone seeking inspiration. namaste!
As I explore my mind I find strong medicine in simple things. Perhaps it isn't amazing, but I believe that Nurses are the embodiment of holiness. They bring compassion directly into being, and often struggle with the challenges of the system in order to do so. I have heard many stories of Nurses who suffer through so much paperwork and difficult relationships with doctors. Yet, day in day out they bring the gift of light to their patients, I find this a holy path.
hello,everyone
Yes a thoughtful and kind Nurse can bring light...
Marc said:
As I explore my mind I find strong medicine in simple things. Perhaps it isn't amazing, but I believe that Nurses are the embodiment of holiness. They bring compassion directly into being, and often struggle with the challenges of the system in order to do so. I have heard many stories of Nurses who suffer through so much paperwork and difficult relationships with doctors. Yet, day in day out they bring the gift of light to their patients, I find this a holy path.
I don't know if anyone has heard of him, but Alex Grey is opening up a temple about 20 miles north of New York City. COSM is the name of his great work, and his artwork is, to me a modern Davinci. His website is COSM.org.
I have just joined this site ........ I am looking forward to the sharing that will be held in what I feel is an energy of a sacred space. I feel very grateful to have found my way here!
In light of that feeling this is the Disscussion that I feel attracted to as a way of saying hello to all ........ by way of sharing a story .......... that was extremely holy for me ........ It's very simple......but it's power is strong ........ as the sweetness in it's feeling is held still vibrantly in my heart.

When I was a young mother and my youngest my son was 4yrs old, he and I were home alone on a rainy early summer day. We lived in an apartment on the third floor with that absolute must of apartment dwelling.....a balcony. I had all the curtains drawn open and while it was getting to be late afternoon I was in the adjoining kitchen cooking dinner while at the same time watching my son just gazing out the balcony door and looking at the sky. The sky was changing quickly as the storm clouds were on their way out and the clouds left in it's tail were swirling around in a mixture of dark and light. It was one of those dramatic living on the prairie days and the open sky was putting on a glorious display.
Now as I'm taking all of that beauty in and watching my son so mezmerized by it all and my mind is diverted back and forth from the task and hand and gift offered.
I hear my son ....... calling out as though he has just discovered something brand new and grand ......... "Mommy come here, mommy come here, mommy come! And so there I go ......... he pointed out and up into the sky ......... the vision was quite spectacular the sun was breaking through the clouds the contrast of the light and the dark clouds was creating a breautiful hue of light ....... and in the midst of it all was a double rainbow ....... one of which was vibrant in all the colors the other very soft and muted colors, very etheric.
I said to my son .......... "it looks so magical and beautiful doen't it" .......... His exact following words were .........

"Yes Mommy! ......"and I made it juuust for you"!

If that's not holy ........ then I truly don't know what holy is!
Love ALLways!
kat
I took a look at Alex's site and it is very exciting. Two other places that I have know about but not visited are.

Krotona School
46 Krotona Hill
Ojai, CA 93023-3901
Phone: 805-646-1139
Fax: 805-646-1144
http://www.krotonaschool.org
e-mail: info@krotonaschool.org

Esalen Institute
55000 Highway 1
Big Sur, CA 93920
http://www.esalen.org
e-mail: info@esalen.org
Jonathan Goldman, has retreats and other events about healing sound.
While I have not attended his events, I think he is very interesting and dedicated practitioner.
He has several coming up:
http://www.healingsounds.com
International: (303) 443-8181
P.O. Box 2240 Boulder, CO 80306
Introduction to Sound Healing
1/31/2009
Created by Healing Sounds Pionner Jonathan Goldman, the DailyOM Online Sound Healing Course is an 8 week program that takes you on a journey into the realm of sound for self-healing and transformation. You’ll receive plenty of information about the hows and whys of sound healing as well as great techniques, designed to give you profound experiences of the power of sound. Included in the course is a book’s length of material and created a CD’s worth of downloadable audio exercises that will assist you in understanding and experiencing the extraordinary ability of sound to heal and transform. Here are some of what you’ll find: *The Principles of Sound Healing: the nature of sound, hearing, resonance entrainment, intent, visualization, and belief in the manifestation process. *Breath: the secret of how to create a deep, relaxed breath that will amplify the electromagnetic energy of your brain and your heart. *Toning: learn to use your own voice to resonate your body as an instrument for healing and transformation. *Vowels As Mantras: discover the healing benefits of how to balance and align your etheric centers using the sacred vowel sounds. *And much, much more!
MEMBER.MADISYNTAYLOR.COM/CGI-BIN/DISPLAY/ORDERLINK.CGI?WID=109&FROM=SHCJG

World Sound Healing Day - Boulder, CO
2/14/2009
Join Jonathan Goldman and friends on this very special day as we project a sonic Valentine to the Earth Mother, toning for planetary peace and harmony. In addition to this event, there will be soundings occuring throughout the planet at noon in local time zones, as well as a global sonic netscape through which we can sound together over the internet. Please click the link below for more information. Location and Time: To Be Announced
WWW.HEALINGSOUNDS.COM/SOUNDS/

Hay House "I Can Do It" Conference - San Diego, CA
4/30/2009 - 5/3/2009
Join Jonathan Goldman as a featured presenter at the 2009 Hay House I Can Do It conference. Jonathan will be a featured presenter for a Main Conference Workshop on Saturday. The presentation will focus on material for his new book The 7 Secrets Of Sound Healing. A book signing will follow the workshop.
WWW.HAYHOUSE.COM

James Murff said:
I don't know if anyone has heard of him, but Alex Grey is opening up a temple about 20 miles north of New York City. COSM is the name of his great work, and his artwork is, to me a modern Davinci. His website is COSM.org.
Great example of a magical and heartwarming experience. I wish I could one of those experiences every day.
Kathy Lynn said:
I have just joined this site ........ I am looking forward to the sharing that will be held in what I feel is an energy of a sacred space. I feel very grateful to have found my way here!
In light of that feeling this is the Disscussion that I feel attracted to as a way of saying hello to all ........ by way of sharing a story .......... that was extremely holy for me ........ It's very simple......but it's power is strong ........ as the sweetness in it's feeling is held still vibrantly in my heart.

When I was a young mother and my youngest my son was 4yrs old, he and I were home alone on a rainy early summer day. We lived in an apartment on the third floor with that absolute must of apartment dwelling.....a balcony. I had all the curtains drawn open and while it was getting to be late afternoon I was in the adjoining kitchen cooking dinner while at the same time watching my son just gazing out the balcony door and looking at the sky. The sky was changing quickly as the storm clouds were on their way out and the clouds left in it's tail were swirling around in a mixture of dark and light. It was one of those dramatic living on the prairie days and the open sky was putting on a glorious display.
Now as I'm taking all of that beauty in and watching my son so mezmerized by it all and my mind is diverted back and forth from the task and hand and gift offered.
I hear my son ....... calling out as though he has just discovered something brand new and grand ......... "Mommy come here, mommy come here, mommy come! And so there I go ......... he pointed out and up into the sky ......... the vision was quite spectacular the sun was breaking through the clouds the contrast of the light and the dark clouds was creating a breautiful hue of light ....... and in the midst of it all was a double rainbow ....... one of which was vibrant in all the colors the other very soft and muted colors, very etheric.
I said to my son .......... "it looks so magical and beautiful doen't it" .......... His exact following words were .........

"Yes Mommy! ......"and I made it juuust for you"!

If that's not holy ........ then I truly don't know what holy is!
Love ALLways!
kat
I guess my only problem thing with all this that bothers me... I have been kicked out of churches groups for being hard headed, and not necessarily following the light all the time. I am a questioner. I am a devil's advocate at times, and I like stiring things up a lot. So if I offend anyone here let me know truthfully, honestly. I mean what I say, and I don't try and sugar coat anything. I just wanted everyone to know this before getting involved in conversations. If you want an honest opinion from a realist, then I am the one who will give it from my point of view.

Having said all this;

My story of holiness. I have none. I believe that we are all a part of a greater puzzle. That's the simplist ideal I can give. I believe in reincarnation, not because of some metaphysical idea, but because I know I have been here before. Call it conceit, or whatever you wish. I am not a conceited man. Nor do I live by the ways in which conceit can destroy an individual. I know without a doubt that all of my other lives up unto this point have been very short, because I sacrificed myself each time for something greater than myself. Whether it was war, or being a slave trying to protect the slave owner's daughter, from him beating her. I was a tall drink of water then with massive hands. At any rate, many of you might think me crazy. These are the holy ramblings of a mad man, if that's the case. My wife and I have known each other throughout many lives. She was the plantation owner's daughter, and I ended up being hung, and she shot, because we weren't supposed to be together. So holiness is a subjective term. I am at one with who I am. I believe in science and certain philosophies, but I have a hard edged side that's been forged from being around a long time. Not in this life time either. I am only 31. I met a woman who recognized me from Atlantis. So who knows, maybe it's all true, or maybe it's a figment of my imagination, but these are my thoughts on my origins and my knowledge of past lives. I have had more, but I think this is sufficient for now.

I am not into the neo hippie idea either. I belive that world peace is going to take real work from people that have to put this into motion. I would love to believe it is possible, 46 and 2 and all that. We'll see.
You make some interesting points. I find when I cannot get the answers to important questions of this nature, I have seen there is value in documentation and review of questions over time. We all learn over time. Often questions change or the answers become more apparent.

James Murff said:
I guess my only problem thing with all this that bothers me... I have been kicked out of churches groups for being hard headed, and not necessarily following the light all the time. I am a questioner. I am a devil's advocate at times, and I like stiring things up a lot. So if I offend anyone here let me know truthfully, honestly. I mean what I say, and I don't try and sugar coat anything. I just wanted everyone to know this before getting involved in conversations. If you want an honest opinion from a realist, then I am the one who will give it from my point of view.

Having said all this;

My story of holiness. I have none. I believe that we are all a part of a greater puzzle. That's the simplist ideal I can give. I believe in reincarnation, not because of some metaphysical idea, but because I know I have been here before. Call it conceit, or whatever you wish. I am not a conceited man. Nor do I live by the ways in which conceit can destroy an individual. I know without a doubt that all of my other lives up unto this point have been very short, because I sacrificed myself each time for something greater than myself. Whether it was war, or being a slave trying to protect the slave owner's daughter, from him beating her. I was a tall drink of water then with massive hands. At any rate, many of you might think me crazy. These are the holy ramblings of a mad man, if that's the case. My wife and I have known each other throughout many lives. She was the plantation owner's daughter, and I ended up being hung, and she shot, because we weren't supposed to be together. So holiness is a subjective term. I am at one with who I am. I believe in science and certain philosophies, but I have a hard edged side that's been forged from being around a long time. Not in this life time either. I am only 31. I met a woman who recognized me from Atlantis. So who knows, maybe it's all true, or maybe it's a figment of my imagination, but these are my thoughts on my origins and my knowledge of past lives. I have had more, but I think this is sufficient for now.

I am not into the neo hippie idea either. I belive that world peace is going to take real work from people that have to put this into motion. I would love to believe it is possible, 46 and 2 and all that. We'll see.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2024   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service