Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

Hope

It’s hopeless:
the end of an era, they say,
(65 million years more or less)
and beyond our control.
Its better this way.
There’s comfort in hopelessness.
Down in some valley,
surrounded by the shadows of death—
so close, there’s no escape,
so hopeless, you find yourself beyond fear.
You let go… surrender… expecting death.
But, by stepping close, and embracing it,
it’s long reach is negated, and
standing inside, fear’s sharpest jabs miss you.
You are no longer afraid.
There is confidence…courage even…
And you do your best, as before,
with nothing to fear from failure,
because it’s hopeless.
And you continue to do what’s right
but, without attachment to result,
because it’s hopeless.
And, because there is nothing left to lose,
you can let go…
holding…nothing, nothingness,
accepting…emptiness,
opening…to sudden, vast potential,
discovering…opportunities for fulfillment,
filling…as if pregnant,
with creative possibility,
that will give birth
to the future,
to hope.

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Beautifully said, my brother, and so true.
Love, RC
Aloha from Kaua`i,
Very nice work I feel accurately depicts the Spiral of Soul into Surrender, evolving into Hope for New Beginnings. I suggest you also post it in the Surrender Discussion.

I have a 16yr. old Son who was born here on Kaua`i. It was a difficult birth but all is right. I named him Mars Christopher...God of war/ Christ...twist it to Peaceful Warrior if you please and give me a break. He is definitely the Warrior...I suppose the Peaceful part comes later, I HOPE. The night he was born, the largest documented UFO fly-over in Hawaii occurred. It went directly over the Cabin in which Mars was born, a very spiritual moment for me. A poem came in the next day...New Hope. It's very personal but I'd like to share it with this group...Mahalo...

NEW HOPE

On the Emerald Isle, in the Mist of Koke`e;
Our Child is born, we’re in Heaven today.

Golden Light the Cabin surrounds…
Love and Peace inside abounds.

My Sweet Lovely Lady…a Lavender Rose,
Spreading her Pedals…our Child to Expose.

He came in a Burst, ahead of his Soul…
But It soon arrived after paying the toll.

The Gods did approve as they traveled by,
A Celestial Nod…a Wink in my Eye.

And so with God we did confer…
his name is to be, Mars Christopher.

A “Peaceful Warrior“, you may translate…
Joining the Ranks on this Cosmic Date.

So it begins…New Heart Energy.
In the Battle for Peace…NEW HOPE there can be…
thank you for your response...don't you think 16 year olds are at least partly hopeless though

Craig Davies Metteauer said:
Aloha from Kaua`i,
Very nice work I feel accurately depicts the Spiral of Soul into Surrender, evolving into Hope for New Beginnings. I suggest you also post it in the Surrender Discussion.

I have a 16yr. old Son who was born here on Kaua`i. It was a difficult birth but all is right. I named him Mars Christopher...God of war/ Christ...twist it to Peaceful Warrior if you please and give me a break. He is definitely the Warrior...I suppose the Peaceful part comes later, I HOPE. The night he was born, the largest documented UFO fly-over in Hawaii occurred. It went directly over the Cabin in which Mars was born, a very spiritual moment for me. A poem came in the next day...New Hope. It's very personal but I'd like to share it with this group...Mahalo...

NEW HOPE

On the Emerald Isle, in the Mist of Koke`e;
Our Child is born, we’re in Heaven today.

Golden Light the Cabin surrounds…
Love and Peace inside abounds.

My Sweet Lovely Lady…a Lavender Rose,
Spreading her Pedals…our Child to Expose.

He came in a Burst, ahead of his Soul…
But It soon arrived after paying the toll.

The Gods did approve as they traveled by,
A Celestial Nod…a Wink in my Eye.

And so with God we did confer…
his name is to be, Mars Christopher.

A “Peaceful Warrior“, you may translate…
Joining the Ranks on this Cosmic Date.

So it begins…New Heart Energy.
In the Battle for Peace…NEW HOPE there can be…
spirit walker...I never thanked you, THANK YOU...

SpiritWalker said:
Beautifully said, my brother, and so true.
Love, RC
A couple things come to my mind each time I read this poem about hope. First, "Hope springs eternal". At least it does for this optimist. And the other thing that comes to my mind is the imagery of the cycles present in the natural world. For example, every hill is accompanied by a valley, every upturn is accompanied by a downturn and change is truly the only constant.

When riding a bicycle up a hill the labor can be intense and what a relief it is to crest that hill and reap the reward of effortlessly "flying" down the other side. By the same token I think having hope is the reward for being faith full. For if I did not have hope that I would land well, why on Earth would I ever choose to step off the edge of that cliff?

I don't believe that one can take action from a place of hopelessness. Feeling hopeless often gives rise to depression and most of the time depression does not produce the type of energy that is required to take action. For example, when severely depressed people are hospitalized because they are thought to be suicide risks, they can actually be less of a suicide risk than when they have completed enough treatment to be released. The reason for this is that upon release from the hospital they have more energy than they did on the way in AND as a result of treatment, feelings of anger, which vibrate at a higher energy level, have surfaced and replaced feelings of hopelessness.

In fact, for over 20 years as a psychotherapist, clients came to me because they were at the bottom of their cycle and desperately hoped for a push up the next hill.
thankyou arieljoy...

Arieljoy Fine said:
A couple things come to my mind each time I read this poem about hope. First, "Hope springs eternal". At least it does for this optimist. And the other thing that comes to my mind is the imagery of the cycles present in the natural world. For example, every hill is accompanied by a valley, every upturn is accompanied by a downturn and change is truly the only constant.

When riding a bicycle up a hill the labor can be intense and what a relief it is to crest that hill and reap the reward of effortlessly "flying" down the other side. By the same token I think having hope is the reward for being faith full. For if I did not have hope that I would land well, why on Earth would I ever choose to step off the edge of that cliff?

I don't believe that one can take action from a place of hopelessness. Feeling hopeless often gives rise to depression and most of the time depression does not produce the type of energy that is required to take action. For example, when severely depressed people are hospitalized because they are thought to be suicide risks, they can actually be less of a suicide risk than when they have completed enough treatment to be released. The reason for this is that upon release from the hospital they have more energy than they did on the way in AND as a result of treatment, feelings of anger, which vibrate at a higher energy level, have surfaced and replaced feelings of hopelessness.

In fact, for over 20 years as a psychotherapist, clients came to me because they were at the bottom of their cycle and desperately hoped for a push up the next hill.
Hello Cherie,

This is very beautiful to me. "The surrender is such a beautiful continuity". Yes, the surrender is born of hope for the continuity of life that springs eternal from the process of transition and re-birth.

Thank you for sharing this.

In Love and Light,
Arieljoy

Cherie Blackfeather said:
life/death/life cycle
I have been with friends pushing out improbably from between their legs, a new life for the world.
I have seen this with my own eyes so I can tell you that it is true.
I have been with friends passing from this life to death to new life.
If you are not paying attention...you could miss it.
The letting go is such a struggle - maybe only minutes, maybe a lifetime.
The surrender is such a beautiful death,
The surrender is such a beautiful birth,
The surrender is such a beautiful continuity.
I have seen it with my own eyes so I can tell that it is true.

Cherie Blackfeather 2/2010
Circle Games

The beginning: deep in time, deeper in mystery.
Origin-al universe flaring forth from a Center…
from empty to fullness.
The stuff of the universe expanding perfectly…
molecules connecting, as they dance
toward complexity, density and diversity.
All, that was, is, for billions of years…everything,
all parts relating, all forming a web.
And this web is a good one…strong…to catch life…
Life comes…irresisting, born of blood and some stardust,
From nothing comes everything, from everything,
anything…imagined or born.
You…odes to joy…me…matches one can strike anywhere…
Matter evolving…and what Matters evolving.
And the seasons go ‘round…and life, still evolving…
to conscious, then, conscience, from chancing to choosing.
a webbed pathway unfolding,
and Time…always…
Now.
hello Cherie, hey ArielJoy, thank yous

Cherie Blackfeather said:
Thank you ArielJoy,
this poem was inspired by Ron Hornung's poem Hope.
It is so fun when you experience a poem and it creates a poem inside of yourself. That happened to me twice today.

RSS

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2024   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service