Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

I’ve always had some concerns about banking, especially now that we live in such a digital age that cash is rarely seen. Since our economies recent cash injection the entire financial system seems so utterly ludicrous. The very idea of a global recession makes it clear that our success and strife have absolutely nothing to do with actual resources but are entirely dictated by some complicated game of finance chess where the rules are made up as we go. For more information about how our financial system is utterly spiralling out of control I recommend watching ‘Zeitgeist’ and ‘Zeitgeist Addendum’ which you can find online.

Like most of us I’d assumed that it was impossible to do anything without a bank account but I’ve finally decided to test that theory. I’ve closed the accounts that I could and pay in small regular amounts to my overdrawn account simply to pay it off eventually but otherwise don’t use it. The pleasant surprise has been that it’s not just possible to deal entirely in cash, it simpler, considerably cheaper and sooo much less stressful. The only real problem has been shopping online but to be honest that only seems to mean that I’m not spending money I don’t have on shinny crap I don’t need and that’s worth it to save the hours of digital juggling and stress.

I would recommend dealing in cash to anyone if only because it’ll save you money, the fact that it undermines the fix it attempts to a broken system is just a pleasant side effect.

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Zeitgeist the Movie

Zeitgeist Addendum

Well worth watching... if you dare... if you care

RSS

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2024   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service