Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

Our lives are impacted by the words of others. I thought it would be interesting to open a discussion with words of encouragement, inspiration, challenge, hope and healing. But not with my words or your words; but the words of others that have had significance to you along your journey. We can learn a little bit about each other when we share the things that influence us. Let me get this started...

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." (Howard Thurman)

"Justice is what love looks like in public." (Cornel West)

"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal." (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.)

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When people are truly dedicated to the Divine...
there is no difference between action and prayer.
Mother Meera

"Real love arises only when all attachments to individuals, objects and
personal interests drop away. Then the battle becomes a beautiful play
full with selfless service extended toward the entire human race out
of love and compassion. In that battle, your ego will not fight, but
love will fight to consume the ego and transform it into love."
Ammachi

"...It's not the wound that shapes our lives,
it's the choice we make as adults
between embracing our wounds or raging against them."
Geneen Roth

-- Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature, nor do children as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
To keep our faces towards change
and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate
is strength undefeatable.
-Helen Keller

-- Be careful about reading health books.
You may die of a misprint.
~Mark Twain
This message is posted in the entry to the Swedish Cancer center in Seattle, WA. welcoming, & comforting patients and their people.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without words
And never stops at all.

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson
"Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation." (Robert F. Kennedy)
Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe,

My greatest wealth, is the deep stillness in which I strive and grow and win what the world cannot take away from me with fire or sword.
"There is more to life than increasing its speed." (Mahatma Ghandi)
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware." (Martin Buber)
Our essence is always present. For beneath the overlays of doubts, fears and other emotions, we shall always find the real self, which is pure love. Anytime we look for it in ourselves or in others, it will be there.

I have no idea who first said this because I read it somewhere then wrote it on a piece of paper and have been taking this same little scrap of paper with me everywhere I have moved to over the years.
"Nothing is more important than that you feel good. Just practice that and watch what happens."

Abraham
Know one thing. When you feel that thirst, be humbled. This is your god calling out to you to be fulfilled. Be humbled. Every time you feel it, be humbled. The power that created the universe, sustains the sun the moon, is the power inside of you calling out to you to be fulfilled.

It is not an ordinary thirst, it is an extraordinary thirst for an extraordinary water. That water, that river that flows in the heart of every single human being on the face of this earth, everyone. No one is without it. This thirst has remained unchanged even as humans have gone through all of the different developments. Thirst was there this thirst is here now and this thirst will be there till this earth is no more.

Maharaji - Prem Rawat
Nice comments, Joel,

I write Inspirational Folklore.

Some of it may fit in here.

Regards,
Beresford McLean
www.anancybooks.com
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2024   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service