Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

debemos usar los medios de comunicacion "alternativos" para educar a las personas para que ellos tengan mas conciencia sobre la necesidad de crear un nuevo mundo para todos.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been impressed by two websites which clearly INSPIRE SOLUTIONS FOR THE COMMON GOOD In both cases I have worked to inspire the community in which I live to become involved in addressing issues that affect all of us.
The first one is www.storyofstuff.com It says: "From its extraction through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view. The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever." I strongly encourage all readers to include yourself amongst the 6 million viewers so far.

The other is Transition Towns www.transitiontowns.org . It all starts off when a small collection of motivated individuals within a community come together with a shared concern: how can our community respond to the challenges, and opportunities, of Peak Oil and Climate Change? Our next meeting is tomorrow night and I am delighted to report a great deal of enthusiasm. Transition Towns have provided a very effective working model that repeatedly brings success. Another thing that really appeals to me is that the Steering Committee plan its demise at the outset. No room for egos here.
BLESSINGS TO ALL
I am very glad to see this new section on AoND.

My own orientation is very much for an architects point of view and a big picture systemic approach.

Like many social entrepreneurs, I have always felt passion for social goals the way others feel passion for personal goals. My personal philosophy is based on Buckminster Fuller’s concept of using personal commitment and design science for global problem solving and the sustainable success of humanity.

I share this communities spiritual understanding of "Solutions for the Common Good" and social activism. To communicate my own understanding, I would point to Martin Luther King’s talk on the Drum Major Instinct, to the Prayer of Saint Francis’ and to the poem by Rabindranath Tagore;.
I slept and dreamt that life was joy,
I awoke and saw that life was service,
I acted and behold, service was joy.

I am active and committed to these groups, projects and campaigns:

Instituto Laboral De La Raza, SF Mission district resource center for the working poor www.ilaboral.org

Human Race Day, a global plan mobilizing humanity to achieve the Millennium Development Goals www.humanraceday.org

ONE SF, the San Francisco local group of the ONE Campaign to make poverty history www.onesf.org
and RESULTS SF, a citizens lobby for UNICEF, the Global Fund, MicoCredit etc. www.resultssf.org

Positive Spin, the web and cable TV show of positive news and innovative solutions www.positive-spin.tv

I am always interested in learning, networking and exchanging information.

Cheers - Brian
I am a Scientologist/Dianeticist so of course I am a supporter of Human rights and anything that helps the greatest good for the greatest number. I know that Man is a spiritual being and we have chosen many avenues of expressing ourselves spiritually. I was very happy to have found this avenue of expression and communication. I have found (and I am sure you have, too) that drugs and toxins in our environment pose a very real threat to our own spiritual growth and gains. Therefore, I have joined the team called Foundation for a Drug-Free World. I pass out booklets that give factual data about drugs and their effects on the person. The booklet is entitled "The Truth About Drugs". This booklet is being published as part of the international "Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Life" drug prevention program to educate young people on the truth about drugs. It is one in a series of publications that cover the facts about marijuana, Ecstasy, cocaine, crack, heroin, crystal meth, LSD, prescription stimulants and pain killers, and allow the reader himself to make the decision to live a drug-free life.
For more information or to obtain copies of this or other booklets in this series, contact:
Foundation for a Drug-Free World
1626 N. Wilcox Avenue, #1297
Los Angeles, CA 90028 USA
www.drugfreeworld.org
e-mail: info@drugfreeworld.org
Phone: 1-888 NO TO DRUGS (1-888-668-6378)
Let's get these out to as many people as possible and help create a new civilization Earth without harmful drugs and toxins.
This is a solution for the common good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2024   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service