Architects of a New Dawn

We’d like to show the side of the world you don’t normally see on television.

Mountain Winters can tangle with the budding Spring


In much the same way lovers might lay together


In and out, the storm darts furiously about the buds


The stronger, more intense medicine spending itself quickly
In pursuit of release


While the softer, fecund spirit opens to contain the buds
In an act of deliverance


The mountain sky invites my outstretched hand
To touch the brilliant forms dotting it


They wink and beckon me
To their rhythmic dance around Grandmother Moon


The brothers, rain and snow, are at rest
Having spent themselves into a stupor


As they slumber the stars seem to dance above Turtle Island

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

A lovely oneness poem. I like nature interacting as family, and your last peaceful lines.
Thank you, Sally! Your comment means a lot to me.

In Love and Light,
Arieljoy



Sally Arango Renata said:
A lovely oneness poem. I like nature interacting as family, and your last peaceful lines.
fecund spirit was a great image sweetheart!
Thank you David for your appreciative comment. I have been thinking about you a lot. So, How are you? Did you just join Architects? I had not seen you here before. I 'm glad you are here now.

In Love and Light,
Arieljoy



David Hauser said:
fecund spirit was a great image sweetheart!
John Muir
climbed a tree,
a Sierra tree, in a storm,
a thunder storm,
to Be close to God
near the top of a tree
in a thunderstorm
in the mountains...
it was in the spring I think
your poem reminded
thankyou
Thank you Ron. I can honestly relate to your comment/poem because I live in the Carson Valley where the Great Basin begins at the base of the Sierra Nevada range. And, I live at the southern end of the valley, very close to the California border and the eastern Sierra. Yosemite, one of Muir's best "hangouts" is a three hour drive down the road from the turnoff that will lead one into my neighborhood from Highway 395, the road that cuts through the entire eastern Sierra range from just south of the Carson Valley through Coleville, Bridgeport, Lee Vining, Mono Lake, the Yosemite turnoff, June Lake Loop, Mammoth, Bishop, Big Pine, Lone Pine, and I probably missed one in the list but it continues all the way through the Mojave Desert to Rt.15 and on down to Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles proper, then San Diego and the border.

So, I think it is really interesting that my poem reminded you of Muir, and the Sierra where I live. Perhaps you felt how the poem was influenced by the amazing impact that living here for the past 15 years has had on my consciousness of Gaia and my relationship to her.

In Love and Light,

Mitakuye Oyasin,
Arieljoy


Ron Hornung said:
John Muir
climbed a tree,
a Sierra tree, in a storm,
a thunder storm,
to Be close to God
near the top of a tree
in a thunderstorm
in the mountains...
it was in the spring I think
your poem reminded
thankyou
I live in New Jersey
First, I have been to New Jersey and it has some beautiful and inspiring scenery as well. I know the NYC folks put it down, a lot, but what do they know? Concrete, combustion fumes, and a public transportation system reminiscent of a Parisian Pissoir. ;-)~ With a few exceptions, taking them seriously when it comes to evaluating anything green can be tantamount to asking a sight challenged person to write a review of an Andy Warhol retrospective at the Met!

Actually, my husband's cousins live in the Tri-State area in Montague, NJ and you wouldn't have to break my legs to convince me to move there...late spring and early fall. 300 acres of heaven on Earth.

But I have to tell you that our conversation has inspired me to begin a discussion thread (as if this isn't already one).

Please join me in this group's discussion section.

In Love and Light,
Arieljoy


Ron Hornung said:
I live in New Jersey
New Jersey...I confess...I was being wry-ronic...I love where I live...woods, water, wildlife...country roads take me home...good places, where good people are found...montague...ha!...Arieljoy, ya got me...who'd woulda thunk it?...if you wandered (in wonder) south from Montague on the Appalachian Trail for a long day and then dropped down into Stillwater at Fairview Lake (or you could drive south for a half-hour on rte 521) you might find me repairing a garden fence that got between a bear and a garbage can, while my wife Diane introduces our granddaughters to 150 varieties of daylilies...or if it's evening, hot-tubbing in the garden (yes, in New Jersey, where we can almost see our neighbors)...wondering what the barred owls are telling each other...wondering, as the full moon glints on the photo-voltaic panels if a bit of juice is being generated....wondering...at the irony of the stars seeming to dance above New Joisey...
Oh, that is too much! TOO MUCH! If we ever get back that way, I will let you know in advance. Maybe we could all meet for coffee or lunch or something in Millford or Newton or where you are.

Your life sounds pretty kewl.

In Love and Light,
Arieljoy




Ron Hornung said:
New Jersey...I confess...I was being wry-ronic...I love where I live...woods, water, wildlife...country roads take me home...good places, where good people are found...montague...ha!...Arieljoy, ya got me...who'd woulda thunk it?...if you wandered (in wonder) south from Montague on the Appalachian Trail for a long day and then dropped down into Stillwater at Fairview Lake (or you could drive south for a half-hour on rte 521) you might find me repairing a garden fence that got between a bear and a garbage can, while my wife Diane introduces our granddaughters to 150 varieties of daylilies...or if it's evening, hot-tubbing in the garden (yes, in New Jersey, where we can almost see our neighbors)...wondering what the barred owls are telling each other...wondering, as the full moon glints on the photo-voltaic panels if a bit of juice is being generated....wondering...at the irony of the stars seeming to dance above New Joisey...

RSS


        

Featured Photos

Members

Groups

© 2020   Created by Richard Lukens.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service